10 ways to increase website traffic 2019
Are you very concerned about your website traffic ? Even you have used almost all the methods but there was no benefit. Do not worry, in this article I will tell you how to increase website traffic.
Creating a blog is very easy but it is very difficult to bring traffic to it. But this work is not so difficult. You can easily convert your blog / website into a high traffic blog / website through quality content, right SEO, content marketing, backlinks, promotion etc.
In this article, I will tell you all the tricks that I use to increase my blog traffic.
So let's start how to increase website traffic…
10 ways to increase website traffic 2019
You do not have to be an expert in copywriting and SEO to increase your website traffic. Just you have to take care of some special aspects. Whom I have described below.
1. Publish Quality Content
This is the first and necessary step to increase website traffic. The reason is that your content will not be useful to the visitor and if he is unable to solve the visitor's problem, then he will not like to visit your site again.
Also Google focuses more on quality content and gives them top rank in search engine. However, when Google ranks a content, it uses a variety of ranking factors. But content quality is still very important.If you publish low quality content / thin content on your site, then Google will decrease your site ranking.
Many low quality content / thin content leads your site towards search penalty. Simply put, your content will not be visible in the search engine.
2. Length of your content
Your content length matters a lot in search engines. Long content gets better performance (rank) and more traffic in search engines than short content. So always try to write detailed, high-quality, lengthy posts.
But keep in mind one thing, do not write nonsense things in it to increase your content length. Because when the reader will read your content, he will not like to visit your site again.
Here is a guide on Search Engine Land for better understanding - The SEO and User Science Behind Long-Form Content
You should write any post according to your topic requirement. But any post must be at least 300 words long.
3. Keyword Research
Keyword research is very important to increase website traffic. This is the best step in SEO.
If you regularly publish unique and very useful articles on your blog, but do not do Keyword Research for the article, then your site will not rank in Google search result and your site will not be able to get Oragnic traffic .
Keyword research is not a difficult task. There are many great tools and websites in the market that can help you find the best keyword related to your article. Here I have made a list of some Best Keyword Research Tools which you can easily find good keywords for your article by using it.
Always select keywords with low competition and high searches and for this you can use Google AdWords Keyword Planner.
4. Use Long Tail Keywords
Keywords made up of more than 3 words are called "Long Tail Keywords". Long Tail keywords help search engines understand the content of posts.
Hence Long Tail Keywords can play an important role in increasing your website traffic. They are highly targeted. Also help to increase organic traffic to your site.
For example, I am looking for an onPage SEO article, so I will not search by writing just SEO. Because I will not get accurate results. So I have to search by writing onPage SEO.
Very short search is done in search engine with short tail keywords, because we know that search engine will not give us accurate results.
You must also do a search in the search engine by writing a complete question. Because you get accurate results.
Benefits of using Long Tail Keywords
- Less competition.
- Better conversion rates.
- They rank well in search result.
- Help in getting more traffic from search engines.
For Long Tail Keywords, you can use the following tools:
- Answer the Public - It suggests keyword research provided by Google and Bing and provides a unique proposition. Using this tool, you can easily find long tail keywords. It also shows related keywords for the keywords you search for.
- Google AutoComplete Tool - This allows you to find long-tail keywords for any niche. Here, you have to type your main keyword. This will show you a list of long-tail keywords. You just have to choose the best long-tail keywords from it.
- Google Auto-Suggest - Enter your main keyword in Google search, it will start showing you search keyword related to keyword. As you can see in the screenshot below.
- Google Keyword Planner - Google keyword planner is the best and free keyword research tool developed by Google. With the help of this, you can easily find any type of keyword whether it is long tail keyword or whatever. Using this Google keyword planner tool, you can find out keyword competition, monthly searches, CPC and many more.
- Soovle - This is also a very popular tool that helps in finding long tail keywords.
- Google related keywords search - If you are looking for a free long tail keyword tool, this trick can also be helpful for you. When you search for anything in Google, after the search results, you see some keywords below which are long tail keywords. You can use these as long tail keywords in your article.
- Ubersuggest - Developed by Neilpatel, it is a very good and popular keyword suggestion tool. With the help of this tool you can easily get good long tail keywords for your blog posts and it is also easy to use.
5. Fix Your Site's Loading Speed
If your site takes longer to load, then Google will not rank your site well in search results. The reason is using Google page speed as a ranking factor. So you need to pay attention to it.
Also, visitors also do not like to visit the slow loading site. They immediately exit the slow loading site and do not visit that site again. Due to the immediate exit, the site's bounce rate increases, which is not a good thing in the eyes of Google.
Fast loading affects both website ranking & user experience and ranks well in search results.
Quick tips to improve website loading speed
- Upgrade to php 7.2
- Optimize Your Image Size
- Keep only useful plugins
- Delete Unwanted Media
- Minify CSS and JS Files
- Use good Cache plugin
- Minimize redirects
Apart from this, below are some guides that can make your site loading speed blazing fast.
6. Use SEO friendly URLs
SEO friendly URL also belongs to onPage SEO. This helps the search engine understand what your post is about. Also try to make your URL short and readable.
The default URL structure of WordPress is not SEO friendly and looks something like this.
But don't worry, you can easily make it SEO friendly. All you have to do is click on Settings >> Permalinks option and select " Post name".
If your site is very old, then leave it. Otherwise, any share URL you have will start showing 404 errors.
7. Link the old article with the new article
When you link an old article to your new article, it is called internal linking. It has many benefits,
- Link juice passes.
- Page views Let's Boost.
- Let's reduce the bounce rate.
- Makes your content more informative and user friendly.
- Helps Google Crawl Your Site.
- Your website SEO improves.
8. Create High-Quality Backlinks
Backlinks are a very old Google ranking factors that Google uses to rank a content on the first page. It helps in increasing the domain authority, website traffic and website ranking of your site.
But bad / spammy / buy or low-quality backlinks can do a lot of damage to your website ranking. Google will not rank your site well in search results. That is to say, your content will rank in the tenth page of the search result or will not even be visible in the search result.
If you want to increase your website traffic, always try to create high-quality backlinks. 100 quality backlinks equals 1000 low-quality backlinks.
Backlinks can bring a big change in the traffic of your website.
9. Move the site from HTTP to HTTPS
Google still wants a more secure web. Therefore Google is using HTTPS as one of the ranking factors. Sites that have HTTPS enable are getting better rank in Google search results.
Better rank = more traffic
Google Chrome started showing Unsafe to sites that are still using HTTP. And when a visitor sees such an (Unsafe) message, they immediately exit from that site. As a result the website owner loses that traffic.
If your site is still HTTP, move it to HTTPS immediately.
10. Optimize Title and Meta Descriptions
Always make your blog post Title Attractive and unique. Because in SERPs they have a significant impact on the visitor. If your title visitor does not like it, they will not click on your content. No matter how good your articles are.
Use 50–60 characters for the title. If you use more than 50–60 characters for your title, it will not be fully visible in the search results. Apart from this, add your main keyword at the beginning of the post title. It helps you to get good rank in search results. But keep in mind one thing, your keyword is low-competition and people search for that keyword.
Your meta description is the text that appears below the title in search results. This helps to increase the Click Through Rate (CTR) on your content. Use your Main Keyword in Meta description too. Google usually allows writing 150–160 characters for a meta description.