What is the difference between a Static and Dynamic Website
In the following post, you will be seeing some Difference between a static and dynamic website.
What is a Static Website
Static websites are coded with HTML and CSS. There are not any databases or external files that square measure drawn upon. The only form of interactivity on a static website is a hyperlink. The site of a small-scale company with simply data of 2 to 3 pages with no bells and whistles may be thought to be a static website. Knowledge of HTML and CSS is building a static website, no other software required to create a static website. It's a collection of texts, images and multimedia elements.
- - Easy to develop.
- - Cheap to develop.
- - Cheap to host.
- - It requires very little data to store on the server.
- - Requires web development expertise to update the site.
- - It’s not user-friendly.
- - Content can get stagnant.
What is Dynamic Website
A Dynamic website is a website that not only uses HTML and CSS but includes CGI (Common Gateway Interface) and languages like AJAX, ASP, PERL, PHP, or/and other server-side scripting languages. It’s capable of developing a totally different content for various visitors from a similar source code file. The dynamic page will then load the fabric for any page within the database, supported parameters within the URL with that a traveler requests the page.
- - Much easier to update.
- - It can connect to a database and Content Management System.
- - Slower / more expensive to develop
- - Hosting costs a little more
- - Static website can be developed in short time when compared to dynamic one.
- - In Static Website, Loading time of Webpage is quicker than dynamic web page.
- - Dynamic websites can be easily upgraded by end users. Static websites is difficult to upgrade
- - In static website, the theme of website and content of website are fixed whenever dynamic website, Website designs and content can be changed on runtime.
- - If file extension of a URL is in .htm or .html then it's a static websites. Whereas if it's in .php, .asp and .jsp then it's the instance of dynamic websites.
- - Static websites are easy to develop and an experienced person can develop it. But in case of Dynamic websites it cannot be developed easily because it require qualify developers to create it, manage it, test it and maintain security of application and database.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of a static and dynamic website. Most probably many people choose dynamic websites because it has a lot of benefits and features. To help to choose the best web hosting service you can see Top widely used Web Hosting platform list.
If you have any doubt or query stay touch with us. We will ready to help you.